Friday, April 27, 2012

My Backyard Illusionist fantasy
I've always been a fan of magic. Not the dark, witches & sorcerer stuff that is all too popular now, but good old stage magic. Abracadabra, nothing-up-my-sleeves magic. That voluntary suspension of disbelief that allows us to enjoy what we know can't be real.
I chose to recreate three major stage illusions, as performed by a backyard amateur. First was not a single, but a rarely performed double levitation of twin sisters. The crowd was awed.
 
 
 
Next was the famous Hindu Rope mystery - a rope lifts itself out of a basket, and becomes rigid enough for a young boy to climb up. This was performed even without the traditional flute. The crowd was shocked.
 
 
Finally, rather than just sawing my lovely assistant in half, I proceeded to quarter her as well, just to prove I could. There was no hypnotic trance required - she remained awake and smiling throughout. The crowd went wild.
 
 
Then, after the crowd left, I was able to just relax and plan my next event ...
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment